Sunday, 12 October 2008

The Chestnut festival (and other tid-bits)


Well, here we are now with only a few more days left in my parents' vacation, and our last weekend was quite action packed with food and fun! Friday night Marco and I actually went to the movies; I haven't done that here in years! Had to get the ceremonial popcorn and m&ms to go along with! Saturday was market day, and Rosa actually purchased a few things so quite a successful day in itself. Then onto meet Marco and Dario at the park across from the pool where Dario had his very first swim class. Played and then had yummy soy cupuccino in the cafè which is all organic! So many things I never knew! Lunch was a fab bbq sitting in the back enjoying the fall weather and temperatures (which have now settled into the 20s). Saturday night was dining at our fav place, il Melograno for yummy pasta, then with a walk in Cattolica for ice cream. And today, Sunday, in Montefiore to enjoy some chestnuts and a festival celebrating the fall and the harvest it brings. Although there is no Thanksgiving here, I am thankful. Very much so.

No comments: