Friday, 11 January 2008

In his bed!

Here are a couple pics of Dario's new bed and a couple of him playing on ours. The bed has become the focus of many of my thoughts and questions. Questions and articles about the Family Bed, co-sleeping, sleep training etc have had me hunting down many articles about the issue and I have found some comfort in it as a result (as I'm not the only one who does this and my feelings and experiences are actually quite common). Dario, being so used to the breast, never having had the bottle and little need for a soother has found his comfort solely there. Did I somehow nurture this need as well (never having given him a soother as he isn't/wasn't a fussy baby)?

Anyhow, so far his room has been our room. HIS room is now painted and ready to be used, but he just won't have any of it (to sleep that is). So I've put him into his crib to play when he's all smiles in the morning, or to play on his mat in order to convince him what a wonderful place it is (yeah right!). But today for the first time ever, I put him down for a nap (needed some convincing) so hopefully that is a good sign. Although I must say that I am quite happy to have him in the bed since he still feeds (so I don't have to physically get out of bed) and we all seem to get a good night's sleep anyway.
Enjoy the pics!
Any thoughts/comments about co-sleeping cons and pros are welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My nephew is gorgeous!!! I love him so much