
After 15 days in hospital, Dario is finally at home. I love it that he's here, it makes the house feel complete. The emptiness without him, especially the first time I walked through the door after getting back from the hospital, was unbearable and numbing. Now, it's like the past 15 days almost didn't exist.
The last couple days at home have been great and have all revolved around him; his feedings, changings, burpings, nappings, and us trying to manage our daily routine around that. I must say that I think we've done pretty well; I've always managed to cook a meal, and good ones at that (a stir-fry last night, and pancakes, toast and scrambled eggs for our ritual Sunday breakfast) plus water the plants outside and do some washing. It was just the 3 of us for the first 2 days; no interruptions, no phone calls, no-one knocking on our door. That is because I warned family (and Marco overall) that I wanted just the 3 of us for the first couple days, then I would be open to visitors. Unfortunately, none of you can be here in person to visit, but hopefully the pictures will just have to do for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment